Thursday, September 1, 2011

Last Train Adventure of 2011

There are days when something is telling you not to do something, well I have experienced many of these days.The last week of school one of these days really hit me hard. This is how the day went: I was supposed to take the Metra Train one last time to Chicago that morning. For my internship I was going to help at the Double Stitch Book signing. The twins had told me I was not required to be there, but in my mind I wanted to finish all out with them, because I had a rewarding experience throughout the semester. The morning I was going to head out to the city, I was extremely tired, stressed, and knew I had to study hard for my final exams. I wasn't making the best grades in 2 of my classes and my tests were the next day. I decided I was not going to go. One: I had to study and Two: I really didn't have the extra $10 to get there.
My day was great. I ended up studying outside with Sarah, one of my best friends. As we were sitting outside she told me about a train wreck with the Metra Trains. I was shocked, seriously I have been riding the train almost everyday and I felt completely safe. I never thought they had wrecks. I guess I decided I had to put trust in these engines. The only transportation I was cautious of at this time was cars, and that was only because a good family friend of ours had just died in a terrible car wreck. After this I had no trust in any car.
Well now I was being told that one of the Metra trains had collided with another one. The time this happened was the same train I would have been on that day. I would have been on that train, alone heading to Chicago. I couldn't get that out of my thoughts. I decided at last minute I wasn't going that morning, I don't know why but those are the moments when you know God is really watching over you. The little thoughts in your head you may not listen to some days are words from the Lord. Those are the doors he has for us. Some doors are smaller than others and all have different meanings, but you know you we are led certain directions somedays. We may never know why, but we can truly say I'm blessed that I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment